Facebook Upload Music
I know you are a big music enthusiast, it’s a good experience to upload music to facebook so that your friends will know about your music taste and get more music in common. However, Facebook doesn’t provide online space to store your music. But is there other ways to share music on Facebook? I will tell you how to add music to Facebook in this article.
How to Add Music to Facebook
Facebook allows you to share all aspects of your life with your friends, including your love for music. You can load your favorite songs to your Facebook profile as a way to connect with friends and to promote the work of artists you admire. You can even use your Facebook page to promote your own music career, uploading original songs to help get them circulating amongst your loyal supporters.
Whether using the original format or the new Timeline layout, loading a song to Facebook is a quick, easy way to get noticed.
- Locate the song or MP3 audio file you’d like to share on the Internet. Highlight the file’s URL by either right-clicking an existing link and selecting "Copy" or by highlighting and copying the file’s URL from your browser’s address window.
- Log in to your Facebook account. Go to the main page and locate the text box at the top of the screen. The box should contain the words "What’s on your mind?"
- Click inside the text box and either select "Paste" from your browser’s menu options or press "Ctrl-V". The song’s copied URL should appear inside the text box.
- Type in the artist’s name, the song title or any other information you’d like to share, including why you like the song or why it is important to you. Put this extra information above the link for easier reading.
- Set the privacy setting to determine who will be able to see the posted song link. You can choose from "Public", "Friends", "Only Me" or "Custom", which makes the link available to only a specified list of people.
- Click the "Post" button to load the song link on your Facebook page. Visitors to your page will now be able to click the link to hear the song.
Remember About Copyright
To finish off this article, it’s important to remember how to share legally on Facebook - or anywhere else for that matter. If you are using a streaming music service that provides a button to share a song or playlist on your Facebook page, then there’s nothing to worry about.
However, if you are uploading music from your computer to a file hosting service, then you need to be careful about copyright infringement. If you have ripped one of your original music CDs for example, then don’t upload these files anywhere on the Internet where they could be shared. As long as you ensure that the material you are sharing isn’t protected by copyright then telling friends about your latest music discoveries via Facebook can be a fun thing to do.